August 20, 21 and 22, 2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Southridge School - 2656-160th Street, Surrey BC
Join us for this exciting three day workshop!
Come explore how you can utilize student-centred, discussion-based, collaborative techniques to enhance your educational program and foster the growth of core competencies. You will be introduced to the Harkness philosophy, see how it is utilized in your subject area, and have an opportunity to practice the technique.
You will learn about the Harkness philosophy at Southridge School and hear from educators who are currently researching and using discussion-based learning techniques in their classrooms.
Who might be interested?
- Humanities, Arts, Science, Mathematics, and Modern Languages educators who would like to incorporate discussion-based learning in their classrooms
- Administrators who are interested in student-centred educational practices
- Educational professionals who would like to learn more about the Harkness philosophy
As a participant, you will:
- Participate in Harkness discussions
- Learn how teaching and learning through discussion is implemented in different subject areas
- Explore how teaching and learning through dialogue develops core competencies
- Examine the role of the educator (evaluator, facilitator, supporter), and investigate how to manage challenges, such as quiet students, overpowering students and unprepared students.
Date & Time:
August 20, 21, 22
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
$600 (plus GST)
*Includes lunch and refreshments each day and all conference materials
Thank you for your interest and registration in this professional learning opportunity! We will be in contact with you within 3 business days with further details. If you have any specific concerns or questions, please contact Joyce Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you!