The Sterling Hall School in partnership with the SHS Parents Association
Dr. Stanley Kutcher
Monday, Nov. 19, 2018
Doors Open 6:00pm
Presentation Begins 6:30pm
The Sterling Hall School welcomes renowned child and adolescent mental health expert Dr. Stanley Kutcher as he presents on the state of mental health in our schools. Dr. Kutcher will share current research and best practices as we support our children and students in today’s fast-paced climate.
Topics for the evening include:
- Defining mental health and dispelling myths
- Current trends and specific changes in the last 10 years
- What parents need to know to help raise their children in today’s environment
- How to define stress for children and how to help them understand it
- The different roles played by parents and the school and how to partner for success
Dr. Kutcher is a professor at Dalhousie University's department of psychiatry and is the Sun Life Financial Chair in Adolescent Mental Health and former director World Health Organization Collaborating Centre in Mental Health Policy and Training at Dalhousie University and IWK Health Centre in Canada.
Please join us for an incredible and engaging evening supporting children's mental health.
Registration is required to attend, as seating is limited.
Thank you. We hope to see you there!