The Latino Ministries Database was created for two purposes:
- To identify all clergy and lay ministers who are working with Latino/Hispanic groups in the Episcopal Church or in church-related institutions
- To proactively promote the deployment/placement of lay and ordained Latino/Hispanic ministers
You are eligible to create a Profile in the Database if you meet any of the following criteria:
- A trained and/or experienced lay minister/missioner certified for registration by a bishop diocesan in the Episcopal Church
- An Episcopal seminarian in the ordination process
- Ordained in the Episcopal Church:
- Deacon: transitional or vocational
- Ordained outside the Episcopal Church in churches and provinces of the Anglican Communion and certified to register by your Anglican Communion bishop.
- Received as an Episcopal priest from another denomination or in the process of being received
- Ordained in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and certified to register by your ELCA bishop and a bishop in the Episcopal Church
- A lay professional in ELCA, certified to register by your ELCA bishop and a bishop in the Episcopal Church.
NOTE: You do not have to be seeking employment to be included in the database. However, if you are open to a “call,” your Profile can be searched by a bishop or deployment officer for consideration of an open position.